Website currently being updated.
Welcome to Saddlers Riding Club
Email: [email protected]
2019 Show Dates
Sunday 5th May
Sunday 2nd June
Sunday 7th July
Sunday 4th August
Sunday 1st September
Sunday 6th October
Saturday 16th November - Presentation Evening
Show Ground Venue
Ford Lane, Chorley, Lichfield. WS13 8BY
Single 2019 Membership £5
Family Membership £12 (Family of 3)
Extra Membership on top of Family £2 per member
Unless Otherwise stated
Non Members £9.00
Health and Safety Contribution £1 per competitor per day
Saddlers RC run a points accumulation system for our members during each season.
You need to be a member prior to competing in any class and you must attend a minimum of 3 shows per season to have your points counted.
At the end of each season, the competitors with the highest amount of points in each class will be invited to receive an award at our annual presentation evening.
Awards are presented the winner and runner-up of each class.
Competitors may join to become a member at any time during 2019.
Membership lasts from January to December.
Points are awarded as follows:
2019 Presentation Evening
Saturday 16th November 2018
More details and tickets available during the season.
Show Ground Directions
Show Ground Post Code: WS13 8BY
From the A51 between Rugeley and Lichfield. Turn onto Borough Lane then left onto Thorleys Hill. Turn left onto Tithe Barn Lane. Continue onto Lodge Lane and Shute Hill, passing the Malt Shovel pub on your right and then continue onto Ford Lane. The showground is situated on the right hand side.
From Burntwood. Follow Chorley Road signposted for Chorley with Gentleshaw Common on your left hand side. Continue onto Lower Lane. Turn right at the Malt Shovel Pub onto Shute Hill and continie onto Ford Lane. The showground is situalted on the right hand side.
We advise that the showground is situated in Chorley Village and your journey will include some country lanes.
If you hack your horse to our show can we please remind all of our visitors to be courteous to other road users. We strongly recommend that high visibility clothing is worn when riding or leading horses on the road.
SADDLERS RIDING CLUB RULES 2019
1. The committee have the right to decide on matters not covered.
2.Competitors must wear hard hats complying with current British Safety standards and be fastened with a secure harness at all times whilst mounted or competing In Hand unless competitors 16 years or over sign a disclaimer form.
3. Correct attire to be worn when competing in all classes.
4. The committee will not tolerate misuse of any horse/pony by owners or any person. Anyone persisting will be banned from the club.
5. No animal under the age of 4 years to be ridden on the showground.
6.Disorderly conduct may result in expulsion from the showground whether they are competitors or spectators.
7. In the event of an objection concerning age of rider where age limits apply, a birth certificate must be produced prior to competing at further shows.
8. No whip to exceed 30" in length (30 inches)
9. Riders must not canter or gallop in spectator areas. Please use warm up rings only.
10. No non- competitive entries are allowed.
11. Entry fees are refunded at the discretion of the committee.
12. The committee/landowner/organisers do not accept any responsibility for accidents to any person, animal or property on the showground.
13. Dogs to be kept on leads at all times.
14.THE JUDGES DECISION IS FINAL. Objections to age or height restrictions must be submitted in writing with a deposit of £25. Deposits refunded if the objection is upheld. Abuse will not be tolerated from competitors or spectators and offenders will be asked to leave the ground.
15. Long hair should be worn in a hairnet or secured in such a way as not to hang below the collar. Ear rings and body studs MUST NOT BE WORN.
16.Horses/ponies known to kick or misbehave must wear a red tail ribbon and be kept away from other animals and spectators where practicable.
17. Junior riders must not wear spurs.
18. Season points are not transferable in cases of change of owner/handler/rider in any class.
19.No late entries to showing classes once the show ring gate has been closed.
20. LITTER MUST BE PUT IN BIN PROVIDED AROUND THE SHOWGROUND OR TAKEN HOME.
21. In case of a fall of rider, the rider must leave the ring un-mounted.
22.Stallions/colts to be bitted and their rider/handler must be 16years and over.
23.Horseboxes/trailers must not be mucked out on the showground.
Chairperson: Donna Jillings 07961 591 022
Secretary: Bekki Male 07837 475 825
Treasurer: Natalie Vale 07476 633 806